Amazon.com announced on Monday, December 12, 2011 its list of the top 10 best-selling books of 2011 overall, and the Steve Jobs bio landed as best-selling book of the year.
According to a press release posted on its official website that day, ‘Steve Jobs‘ by Walter Isaacson, is best-selling book of the year (print and Kindle combined) after nearly two months after it was released.
As reported earlier, BookScan US data revealed last November 2 that the Steve Jobs biography book, which was published by Simon & Schuster, sold 379,000 copies in its first week in US alone.
The 656-page Steve Jobs biography e-book version costs $16.99 when it was released, but the Amazon Kindle cover is now $11.99. The hardcover copy was initially listed at $35 in Amazon but was later priced at $17.50 or 50% off.
“After the year of recommending books to our customers, it’s always fun to see what books really resonated with them,” Amazon.com Books Senior Editor Chris Schluep was quoted on the report.
“We chose ‘Steve Jobs‘ as one of the Top 10 best books of the year, and even though it was published in October, the sales have been phenomenal in both formats.” Schluep added, with the Amazon’s 2011 top 10 best-selling books listed below.
1. “Steve Jobs” by Walter Isaacson
2. “Bossypants” by Tina Fey
3. “A Stolen Life” by Jaycee Dugard
4. “The Mill River Recluse” by Darcie Chan
5. “In the Garden of the Beasts” by Erik Larson
6. “A Dance with Dragons” by George R.R. Martin
7. “The Paris Wife” by Paula McLain
8. “The Litigators” by John Grisham
9. “The Abbey” by Chris Culver
10. “Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle)” by Christopher Paolini